In a sentence – A multiagency hub of advice, information and solidarity
Current Opening Hours - Wednesdays; 1pm to 4pm (doors close at 3:30pm). No appointment needed.
Address - Victoria Hall, Norfolk St, Sheffield City Centre, Sheffield S1 2JB
The multi-agency Drop-in is the advice and information hub for people seeking sanctuary in Sheffield.
It aims to challenge the hostile environment and reduce practical barriers to accessing support by bringing together different agencies in one easily accessible and central location.
CoSS staff and volunteers facilitate the space by signposting visitors to the right organisation for their needs and provide information and guidance about other support available in the city.
Agencies at the Drop-in:
- British Red Cross (Refugee Support)
- Citizens Advice Sheffield
- Clothes Bank
- Conversation Club (at The Sanctuary)
- CoSS Infomation Desk (foodbank, signposting)
- Gill Furniss MP's office (fortnightly)
- Health and Wellbeing Desk (CoSS)
- New Beginnings (education, employment, volunteering)
- Parker Rhodes Solicitors (monthly)
- Paul Blomfield MP's office (fortnightly)
- Sexual Health Sheffield
- Shelter (housing advice)
- South Yorkshire Refugee Law and Justice (monthly)
- SPRING project for newly granted refugees
- SUFC/FURD Physical Well-Being Desk
Some agencies attend once or twice a month only. Please contact Anna for more information
Contact – Anna Aitken, 07419348379, [email protected]