Refugee Support Worker (SPRING)
We’re seeking to recruit a calm and adaptable individual to join the committed and welcoming team at City of Sanctuary Sheffield as the SPRING Support Worker. In this role you will work in the excellent, well-established SPRING team, standing alongside new refugees as they settle in Sheffield.
We particularly welcome applications from people who have personal experience of the asylum system and migration. To support all applicants, a free preparation session will be offered by the New Beginnings team at Voluntary Action Sheffield.
See our Job Advert on Charity Job here
To apply, please send the following to [email protected]:
1. A covering letter (no more than 1 page long). In this letter:
- Say why you are applying for the job.
- Tell us how you meet the job requirements detailed in the person specification. Give practical examples of what you have done that meets each requirement.
2. A brief summary of the work and volunteering you have done or a short CV.
3. Name, phone number and email addresses of two references, at least one of whom can comment on recent work or volunteer experience.
A Free preparation session will be run by the New Beginnings team at Voluntary Action Sheffield. This will be open to anyone applying for the role to learn a bit more about the job and get support with their application.
The session will run on Thursday 26th May from 4:30 to 5:30 at The Sanctuary, 37-39 Chapel Walk, S1 2PD. Please contact the New Beginnings Team on [email protected] for more information.
Closing date for applications is Wednesday 8th June at 5pm