Who We Are
We are the voices of people with lived experience of seeking sanctuary and migration to the UK. The Experts by Experience (EbE) team is led by member of the staff team, Ibtissam Al Farah.
The EbE Team is embedded in City of Sanctuary Sheffield (CoSS) to inform all our work and co-lead us in developing strategies, services and policies.
The aim of the EbE Team is to increase the participation and agency of people with lived experience of seeking sanctuary in decision making and leadership of the organisation, and develop transferable skills and knowledge to enable us to take up leadership opportunities in the organisation, sector or elsewhere.
What are the benefits of being a member?
- Opportunity to help shape the future of City of Sanctuary Sheffield.
- Develop knowledge of the organisation and the sector.
- Develop skills and knowledge in areas of your interest – e.g. chairing meetings, fundraising, HR, IT, coordination.
- Be able to access training and support.
- Be part of a supportive team with shared experience of seeking sanctuary in the UK.
Who is in the EbE Team?
Our team is made up of people with experience of seeking sanctuary in Sheffield. Membership is drawn from existing volunteers with City of Sanctuary Sheffield.